Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India 2022
Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India – Through this article, we will take you through the top 10 government medical colleges in India and these top 10 government medical colleges are compiled on the basis of factors like quality of students, industry interface, referee publications and academic productivity. Although there are many Government Medical Colleges in India, but it becomes very difficult to know among them which Government Medical Colleges are right for us, that is why we will tell you about Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India in this article. that are the following.
1. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (Govt medical college)
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal was established in 1953 (Government medical colleges in India) and was the first self financed medical college in the country. (Top 10 Government medical colleges in India for MBBS) Kasturba Medical College is recognized by the National Medical Council and the Medical Council of India, it has a good relationship with the national and international colleges of the institute. For more information, you can visit their official website manipal.edu.
Kasturba Medical College (KMC) Ranking in MBBS Colleges
- 3 of the Top Medical Colleges in India in 2020 (Source: Careers 360)
- 8 of the Top 25 Medical Colleges in India (Source: Outlook Magazine, 2020)
- 2 of the private medical colleges in India (Source: India Today Magazine, 2020)
- 9 of the Top 25 Medical Colleges in India (Source: The Week Magazine, 2020)
- 9 of India’s Medical Colleges (Source: NIRF, 2020)
- Subject, 2020 and 2021. by QS World University Rankings 351 – 400
2. Madras Medical College, Chennai (Government medical colleges in India)
Madras Medical College, Chennai is one of the renowned public medical colleges located in India. Madras Medical College was established on 2 February 1835 during the British Raj, it is the third oldest college in India. Tamil Nadu is affiliated to Dr. ImGR Medical University, Madras Medical College, Chennai website is www.mmc.ac.in.
Madras Medical College Ranking
- Medicine – India
- NIRF (2020) – 12
- The Week (2019) – 9
- Pharmacy – India
- NIRF (2020) – 57
3. Grant Medical College (Government medical colleges in India)
Grant Medical College, established in 1845, is a public medical college in Mumbai, affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. It is also one of the oldest institutions of India, it is a premier and leading medical institution of 175 years. It is located at JJ Marg, Nagpada Mumbai, Grant Medical College Official Website is ggmcjjh.com.
Grant Medical College Doctors
- Dr. Pallavi Supriya Prabhakar Saple Dean
- Dr. Ranjit Mankeshwar Associate
- Dr. Abhichandani LG Vice Dean (UG)
- Dr. Sanjay Surase Medical Superintendent
- Dr. Eknath Vice Dean (PG)
4. Medical College Kolkata
Medical College Kolkata was established on 28 January 1835 as Medical College, Bengal during the British Raj by Lord William Betic. It is located at 88, College Set, Calcutta Medical College, College Rakvair College, West Bengal 700073, It is the oldest and public medical college and hospital in India, Medical College Kolkata Official Website www.medicalcollegekolkata.in.
- Estd. Year: 1835
- Total Faculty: 232
- Total Students Enrollment: 1838
NIRF Medical College Kolkata Ranking
- Medical College Kolkata – 32
5. King George’s Medical University
King George’s Medical University was converted into a medical university on 16 September 2002 by an act by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. King George’s Medical University is a medical college and hospital located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India, this institution is more than a hundred years old, but the medical college is small, and is 17 years old. Its success comes from illustrious alumni, distinguished eminent faculty and proud students. The official website of King George’s Medical University is www.kgmu.org, please visit for more information.
- Faculty – 425
- Students – 3,000
- Alummi – 30,000
- Department – 50
- Beds – 4,000
Read Also: Top 10 Listed Companies in India
6. St. John’s Medical College
St. John’s Medical College established in 1963 is a private medical college & hospital located at Marathahalli – Sarjapur Rd, beside Bank Of Baroda, John Nagar, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034. For the past almost ten years, St. John’s Medical College has been consistently ranked among the top 10 medical colleges in the country. Let us tell you St. John’s Medical College started as the School of Nursing on 1st July, 1980 and was renamed as the St. John’s Medical College has been given the status of Nursing College and conducts various Nursing courses and others. They can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, definitely visit their official website stjohns.in.
- Total Faculty: 238
- Estd. Year: 1963
- Total Students Enrollment: 930
- Campus Size: 132 Acres
2022 Ranking (NIRF Medicine)
- St. John’s Medical College – 13 Rank
7. Maulana Azad Medical College
Maulana Azad Medical College established in 1958, MAMC is currently ranked 3rd and is spread over a campus spread over 122 acres. There are four hospitals attached to MAMC, it is located at Balmiki Basti, New Delhi, Delhi 110002. For more information, you can visit their official website www.mamc.ac.in.
- Faculty – 479
- Beds – 2800
- Operation Theaters – 47
- Resident Doctors – 810
8. Armed Forces Medical College Pune
Armed Forces Medical College was established on 01 May 1948 in Pune, Maharashtra, it is the oldest public medical college and hospital in India. AFMC Pune has the distinction of being the first medical college established by strong forces from any country in Asia. For more details visit their official website afmc.nic.in. This institute is currently affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
Contact Information (Institute)
Contact Information (Representational)
- Major General G Rabindranath
- Dean / Principal
9. Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College was established in 2002, the name of Principal of VMMC is Dr. Geetika Khanna, VMMC is located in New Delhi. The minimum eligibility for MBBS course is MBBS 10+2 pass and have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology from a recognized board. The entry modes are offline/online. Ranked 18 For Medical By NIRF 2021, and 3rd Best among The Week Ranked Colleges in Delhi in 2022. For more information, you can visit their official website www.vmmc-sjh.nic.in.
- Total Faculty: 406
- Estd. Year: 2002
- Total Students Enrollment: 1558
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College Ranking
- Delhi State Ranking: 03
- Post Graduate Medical Courses: 30
- Super Specialty Medical Courses: 05
- All India Ranking: 53
10. Bangalore Medical College
Bangalore Medical College was established in 1955, it is Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute of India, and is located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. They are affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Autonomous, for more information they can visit their official website bmcribangaluru.karnataka.gov.in.
Bangalore Medical College Ranking
- Ranked 14 for Medical by Indiatoday 2021
- Ranked 14 for Medical by Indiatoday 2020
- Ranked 13 for Medical by Indiatoday 2019
- Ranked 9 for Medical by The Week 2019
- Victoria Hospital
- Boring and Lady Curzon Hospital
- Vanvilas Women and Children Hospital
- Minto Eye Hospital
- SDS Tuberculosis Hospital